The Department of Home is headed by
the Home Secretary. It deals with the policy matters relating
to police, jails and matters connected thereto. Besides, the
following matters are dealt with in the department.
- Gallantry Awards to the Defence Personnel.
- Ex-gratia to Defence personnel.
- Appointment of Executive Magistrates and Specials Executive
- Extension to say in India, of Foreign Nationals of Indian
origin except Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, Pakistan,
- Return visa/No objection to return to India to the persons
of Indian origin and foreign nationals.
- The documents which are to be sent to the Embassies i.e.
Marriage Certificate, birth certificate, death certificate,
Qualification etc. are countersigned by the Joint Secretary
Home/Under Secretary Home/Home Secretary.
- Extension of area of the Arms Licences issued for Non-prohibited
- Dealership Licences (Arms Dealers) in different forms,
release of weapons, increasing the quota of arms and ammunition
in the Arms Licences.
- Character verification reports and Police Clearance certificates.
Draft Recruitment Rules (2018)for the Ministerial posts i.e. Superintendent Gr-II, Personal Assistants, Senior Assistants and Senior Scale Stenographer(Group B) and Junior Scale Stenographers (Group C) Chandigarh Administration for inviting comments from stake holders.