Government Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, Chandigarh earlier known as General Hospital, is the oldest hospital in the city which is well connected by rail, road and air. The hospital is situated on Madhya Marg of the city, just 300 mtrs from the well known Rose Garden, Sector 16, Chandigarh.
This is a patient friendly hospital, known for prompt and efficient services. It caters to the needs of all alike. This 500 bedded hospital has 24 hrs round the clock emergency and indoor facilities manned by specialists.
The institute intends to develop website in order to facilitate an efficient, speedy and transparent information to the public and other agencies using electronic means so that people sitting at home / work places can know about the dynamic / updated facilities in Emergency / CCU / Trauma etc. and type of facilities which the institute is providing on day to day basis. This will ensure better utilization of services of our institute by the people and also important information can be shared by other hospitals and benefits of the same can be utilized in terms of synchronization of Emergency services etc.
here for information about School of Nursing
Our Cost for different facilities
|In Patient Charges
||Rs. 450 per day
|Non A.C. Room
||Rs. 300 per day
The detail information as to the rates is available on the
- Please take help from location guide map which is
available near entrance for various services.
- This hospital is situated on Madhya Marg in Sec-16. It
is 500 bedded and is well established.
- Doctor's wear white aprons and Nurses are in uniform.
- All Staff members have identity cards.
- Directional sign boards are fixed at all strategic
points for guidance.
- Enquiry exists near the maternity wing and functions as
a control room round the clock.102,2782457,2752043,2752042
EPABX exchange exists in the hospital and can be contacted on
Phone. Those who know the extension no. can add prefix of 275
before extension no. and can dial directly for the respective
department/ unit/ ward etc. etc. of the hospital.
Director Health Services – 2700255 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Medical Superintendent - 2700273 (email@example.com)
Deputy Medical Superintendent - 2700260 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Casualty and Emergency Services: Timing 24 hours all days
- Casualty Medical Officer and house surgeons are
available 24 hours all days.
- Specialist Doctor's are available round the clock in
Major specialties viz. Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics,
Gynecology and Pediatrics.
- Duty Doctor is available on call in Anesthesia,
Pathology, Radiology, Dental, ENT, Eye, Psychiatry, Skin
- The decision to call a specialist is that of the
- Failure to respond to a call is regularly monitored by
the Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
- Emergency cases are attended to promptly.
- In serious cases, treatment / management gets
priority over paper work. like registration and medico legal
requirements. The decision rests with the treating doctor.
- Emergency Operation Theatre is maintained on a regular
basis to ensure that it is usable at all times.
- Free telephone is available at the entrance of Casualty
for patients and their attendants.
- Ambulance services for bringing and referred patients
- Tie up with PGI if patient has to be referred.
- A.C Waiting Hall for relative of patients admitted in
Causality Ward, is available with facility of Coffee, T.V.
Right of Trauma Patient / complaints of the patients
- Trauma patients or any other persons can bring the
victim to the hospital Casualty/ labour room in case of
- Patient is attended promptly by the emergency medical
officer / gynecologist in Labour Room if pregnant.
- If required he seeks the consultation of specialist
available round the clock.
- The patient is discharged if found fit after giving the
treatment or is admitted if serious.
- The patient is assessed and police is informed in case
it is of Medico Legal cases.
- Police Post is exists in campus itself.
- Post Mortems are done daily.
OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENTS (OPD)
8.00 am to 2.00 pm (16th April to 15th October)
9.00 am to 3.00 pm (16th October to 15th April)
Registration timing 7.30-1.00(Summer) & 8.00-2.00(Winter)
- Every out patient seeking treatment at the hospital/
dispensary is registered and issued a Card for recording
symptoms, diagnosis and treatment being provided.
- Boards indicating units on duty on various days are
displayed outside each OPD.
- Medicines are made available free of cost to the poor
patients as per the inventory available.
- Senior Citizens are provided priority on all days, and
special day is kept on every Thursday.
- Token system has been introduced in various OPD's so as
to ensure smooth running the OPD's.
- All patients admitted in General wards of the Hospital
are treated on Minimum user charges except for Govt.
Servants from Punjab / Haryana/ U.T. Residing in Chandigarh,
PKL, Mohali / ESI Chandigarh.
- Yellow card holders, Ex-Servicemen, Freedom Fighters are
provided free treatment.
- Diet is provided to all patients in the General Wards /
Private Wards against payment of Rs. 25 for General Ward &
Rs. 75 for Private Ward.
- Every patient is given one attendant pass.
- Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours.
- A staff nurse is on duty round the clock in the ward.
- Admitted patients should contact the Staff Nurse for any
medical assistance they need.
Visiting Hours for attendants of patients admitted in
|Summer (April to September)
||Winter (October to March)
|6.00 a.m. to 8. 00 a.m. (Morning)
||7.00 a.m. to 8. 00 a.m. (Morning)
|12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. (Afternoon)
||12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. (Afternoon)
|6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. (Evening)
||6.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. (Evening)
||Emergency Lab: 24 hours
||Week days 8.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. (Summer)
|| 9.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. (Winter)
||Sundays and Holidays closed
|| Thyroid Test - Mon/Thrs
|| LFT - Mon/Wed/Friday
Special Investigations are available on
prefixed dates, for which appointment is given by the
incharge of the department / specialist conducting
Charges for various tests are displayed at
the place where the tests are conducted.
For poor patients, these charges can be
waved partially or fully on the recommendation of the
treating doctors by the Senior Medical Officer / Jt
MS/ MS / DHS.
Reliability and promptness of laboratory
results in insured as test are done by semi automatic
Reports are made available within the
shortest possible time which will be specified.
List of Medical/Pharmaceutical Shops duly registered with Drug Controller Office, Health Department, Sector 34, U.T Chandigarh