Multimedia Centre -cum- Film City
The Multimedia-cum-Film City is being set up by the selected
bidder over an area of 30 acres in Sarangpur, Chandigarh U.T.
The model to be followed is that of international standard
Multimedia Parks and related developments. The project will be
executed at a world class level by the selected bidder with
tie-ups with experienced companies in their respective fields.
The Multimedia-cum-Film City would promote investment in
Chandigarh and the Region in a major way. Tourism would also
receive a big boost through the Project. Employment for
professionals would be generated. High-end human resources would
be created. Film Producers etc., would be able to use the
facilities of the Film City which is part of the project.
The following would be the main features of the project:
- A Multimedia-cum-Film Centre with digital studios and
facilities for post production processing of digital film
and also modern hi-tech facilities for animation and gaming
- A Multimedia Park with Ready Built Space for technology
companies working in the Multimedia field to set up their
facilities and to occupy space on the pattern of the Ready
Build Space at Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park. The
companies working in the Multimedia Park would be those
specifically involved in software/or its applications for
Multimedia processing. Gaming and animation software would
also be an important area for work by these Multimedia
- A Multimedia Information-cum-Entertainment Centre which
would have multiplex facilities and entertainment-cum-gaming
facilities for visitors and residents of Chandigarh.
- A Multimedia College:
- Multimedia studies with all its components.
- Animation with modern equipment as per international
- Gaming with various software and tools used for
- Research & Postgraduate Programmes (RPP) in Multimedia.
- Centre Multimedia (CM).
The project would boost the economy of Chandigarh and the
region while providing large scale employment directly and
indirectly to the people of the region.
The project would be of global standards and would involve
the expertise of global companies which are experts in their
Facilities to be provided
- Public transport to be organized.
- Adequate Parking for private & public vehicles.
- Access controls and security measures.
- Medical and first aid facilities.
- Fire fighting facilities.
- Other infrastructural facilities within the area of the
- Separate boundary walls and premises for each of the 4
components of the Project, subject to requirements.
Details of the Project
Multimedia -cum- Film City, Chandigarh.
|Types of buildings permitted
- A Multimedia Centre-cum-Film City Centre with
digital studio and facility for post production
processing of digital film and also modern high-tech
facilities for animation and gaming laboratories.
- A multimedia park with ready built space for companies
working in the multimedia filed.
- A multimedia information centre.
- A multimedia college having multimedia studios, animation
with modern equipment as per international standard, gaming with
various software and tools used for gaming application, research
and post graduate programme in multimedia, creative multimedia
- A research centre having animation technique for distance
education for improving its delivery system.
- Other ancillary buildings as related to the functioning of
the Multimedia Centre-cum-Film City.
For more details contact :
Project Director -cum- Director IT
5th Floor, Additional Deluxe Building,
Sector 9 - D, Chandigarh - 160 009
Tel : +91 172 2740641
Fax: +91 172 2740005
Email : dit-chdut AT nic.in